|Guidelines on the use of WiFi @ Library Hotspot|
1. The service is only provided for students and staff of Universiti Putra Malaysia.
2. Users are required to register at the Registration Counter, System and Information Technology Division to get the user id and password. Each registration is valid for 1 year and renewal can be done one week before the expiry date.
3. Users are prohibited from misusing the service by surfing pornographic sites, hacking other servers, searching and disseminating any form of materials which would endanger public security or infringement of privacy. The Library will not be held responsible for any violation of relevant rules or laws by the users.
4. Users are advised to install valid/licensed antivirus software in their notebook as to avoid spreading of computer virus.
5. Users are advised not to leave their notebook unattended. The Library will not be held responsible for the lost or damage of the notebook.
6. The library is not responsible in providing the plug point to its users. They are encouraged to ensure that their notebook battery power is fully charged.
7. First time users are required to activate PSAS HotSpot account by following the steps below : -
• Click 'First Time Activation' menu
• Log in by using username (Matric no.) and password (as given by the Administrator)
• Click 'Submit'.
• Update other information and create new password
• Click 'Submit' for activation of request.
8. Each session will be automatically logout after 30 minutes of non-activity (Left Idle) . Session hard time out is 3 hours regardless of any activity. You are required to re-login for the next session after hard timeout is reached.
Please click to view WiFi schedule.
|Last Updated on Wednesday, 22 February 2012 16:03|