1. Smoking and consumption of food and drinks are forbidden in all parts of the library
2. No bags, umbrellas, parcels, etc except files and books may be brought into the Library.
3. Pets are not allowed in the Library.
4. Silence must be observed strictly in the Library.
5. Users must be decently dressed and conduct themselves properly in the Library.
6. The Prayer Room is to be used strictly for prayers only.
7. Adequate storage facilities are provided at the library entrance for users to keep their personal belongings.
8. The Library will NOT accept responsibility for any lost or misplacement of personal belongings.
9. Reservation of seats is not permitted. Books and other articles left for any length of time on chairs and tables may be removed by the library staff.
10. The Library staffs on duty have the right to request a user to leave the premises if he or she is found to be violating any of the Library rules.
11. A buzzer will be rung ten minutes before the closing time and all users must vacate the premise.
12. On leaving the Library, users are required to produce books and items for inspection.
13. Official time for determining fines on overdue books and for other purposes will be read according to the time determined in the computer system located at the Circulation Counter. If the system is down for some reason, the correct time will be determined by the library staff at the Circulation Services Counter.
14. The Chief Librarian is empowered to withhold Library facilities and services to users, for any infringement of these rules.
15. The Chief Librarian may amend or change the Library Rules and Regulations as and when deemed required
The main purpose of these rules is to safeguard the common interest of all users and to enable the PSAS Library to carry out its functions smoothly and efficiently. Students are reminded that these rules have the force of the Regulations for Discipline by the Disciplinary Committee
Last Updated on Thursday, 09 February 2012 14:26